Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FB Sytem Manager Config Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahistx

Technical User
Jun 21, 2002
GB
Hi

I am trying to set up a VPN between a FB700 and a SOHO6tc.

The docusmentation for the FB700 states that I need to go tp Policy Manager and select

Network>Branch Office VPN>Basic DVCP Server.

This option is not available in the Network menu! Have I missed out on setting up something which will allow me to access this option?

Sorry about the simple question,

Any help much appreciated.

I can suggest two things, firstly check the version of firebox Software you are running, I am using Version 7 which has the options you mention. Another thing to check is what mode you have installed your Firebox, I don’t think the VPN option will be available in Drop-in Mode as all ports adopt the same local assigned IP………….

Hope this helps,

C.

Hi Conman

I am using version 7 of the firebox software, and have set up the firebox in Router mode.

Any help much appreciated!

Hi Conman

My apologies, I had downloaded the wrong encryption level software - I now have this option available.

I have opted for a BOVPN with Basic DVCP, and have entered the client name, the shared key (matching my SOHO), encryption level (matching), and so on. However, I was unsure about the private network range to use: My FB700 has a trusted network of 192.168.0.0/24 and my SOHO6tc has a trusted network of 192.168.4.0/24

I have entered the private network range in the BOVPN setup as 192.168.4.0/24 - is this correct, or do I need to specify another range altogether?

Apologies for the endless questions but my company has tried to save money by asking me to set the vpn up and I'm a little lost...

Any help is very much appreciated!

Hi Conman

I managed to set up the vpn in the end, just used manual ipsec BOVPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back