Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FB 700 Invalid System Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

c7rcs

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2002
GB
Hi

I put a video card into the PCI slot on a FB700 which wasn't booting, it clears the memory check and then fails with "Invalid System Disk" obviously the os is not loading. What should I do next ?

Thanks for nothing NtrOP, I was kinda looking for something a bit more constructive and technical.

Anyhow I have figured out that it is the system board that is faulty. Anyone in the UK got any broken FB700's they want to donate for parts ?

Take the video card out: not a supported configuration and thus voids the warranty...

Call WatchGuard: if you have a bad board and the box is still in warranty, they will replace it...

I suppose I could have been more specific with that portion of my answer. Considering I know nothing about your situation and level of expertise, it seemed a generic answer would have sufficed.

Oh well, IT has always been a thankless job.

You're welcome.

Thanks for the further explanation NtrOP, sorry if I seemed a bit short in my reply but as this was my first post and this is a Tek-Tips forum I was hoping for a Tek answer.

The FB is out of warranty anyway so no probs with putting in a video card to see what was going on. The board is faulty but Watchguard won't sell parts, unless I can get a breaker for spares then the only option is to send it back to the US with $400 dollars so that they can fit a new board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back