Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Faxing with CallPilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiley1570

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2010
US
I have a few quick questions. Maybe someone here can clarify.

So we have a CS1000E R5.50 & CallPilot 600r with CallPilot Manager Version 05.00.41.29

OK, so all we would like to do at the moment is setup CallPilot so we can Fax using the CallPilot desktop messaging program. As of right now we have it setup so we receive voicemails in our email inbox. Now we would like to receive faxes in our inbox as well.

So we contacted our phone vendor, and they aren't very helpful. They won't explain any of the things they've quoted us. So I figured I would ask here.

So they've quoted us:
N0119677 CP 5.0 Keycode. We have CallPilot version 5 already, so why would we need this?

NTZE07BA CP(F) 2 Add Fax Channels. What is this exactly? Could someone help? I've read the help on configuring fax services and it doesn't look all that hard. I think I could handle this. Could someone shed some light on this?

NTZE10HB CP FAX Capability - 20 Users. This is pretty self explanatory. Its licenses for 20 users. So I think we're OK there.

NTZE4002 CP Upgrade Code (NO Charge). What is this?

So anyways they want to charge us about $3,000.00 for all of this and after hunting around online it looks as though we can purchase Faxing Keycodes anywhere, and after reading the setup documentation it looks as we could setup the CallPilot faxing ourselves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

No, you cannot buy faxing keycode anywhere.

NTZE07BA CP(F) 2 Add Fax Channels. - This is to provide 2 fax channel, without it, you can't fax or receive fax through CP.

N0119677 CP 5.0 Keycode - This is the keycode to upgrade your CP with 2 new fax channel and 4 MPU (DSP)to support the fax channels.

NTZE4002 CP Upgrade Code (NO Charge). This is the order code for the upgrade to your CP - There's no charge because its not a sofware upgrade to the CP system itself.

not used the 600R CP, but with ours you check to see under the maintanance drop down for the multimedia monitor and see if there are any channels set up for fax. You will need these to use the faxing. I would think if you have the 20 fax licences, this would be set up. If ya have that, set up a mailbox with the features desktop with fax capable turned on and should work if call comes in to the multimedia ports..

So is the NTZE07BA a piece of software? Or is it just configuring the CalliPilot server?

Why can't we purchase faxing keycodes anywhere? The reason I ask is because if I type in the numbers they gave me in google a bunch of sites show up selling the faxing keycodes. I'm just curious, I don't totally understand.

Also, we have a license for 50 IP phones. So we would also like 50 fax users. Is there a license for 50 fax users?

One more thing, is this something I could setup? I feel confident after reading the help that I could set this up. I'm just wondering what the risks are? Our do any of you guys have a setup guide.

Thanks,
Jason

So is the NTZE07BA a piece of software? - No, it's a line itemization of N0119677 CP 5.0 Keycode. It's just license to activate the feature. CP comes equipped with all the bells and whistles; the keycodes lets you unlock those features and some features do require hardware.

Why can't we purchase faxing keycodes anywhere? I'll clarify...you can buy the keycodes from any authorize Nortel/Avaya Distributors, since the keycodes are keyed off of your system serial number and they come from Avaya.

Is there a license for 50 fax users? - Yes, the license comes in 8, 10, 20, 50, 100 and 500.

One more thing, is this something I could setup? - Depends on your knowledge on the PBX side, since you'll need to add the 2 additional channel in the pbx, then the CP. Plus you'll need to configure a multimedia cdn if you haven't already and some other minor config changes. As far as adding the keycodes, anybody can do that if they can follow direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back