Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FAXING VIA FAX SERVER CRYSTAL REPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

apl

MIS
Oct 29, 2000
AU
We are using Crystal to mail merge data from an ERP system with a letter.
We are then using RIGHTFAX to fax the result direct to the supplier
using embedded codes to pick-up the fax number and name from the ERP database.
We cannot break up the report into the chunks needed to fax to each supplier.Using the RIGHTFAXES BREAK command in the Fax set-up loses all the print formatting.
Is there something in Crystal which will do this?

If RIGHTFAX supports PDF's you might try exporting your reports to this format and faxing from the created file. It may be that your fax program can read a PDF format better than the output of a CR.

I have developed a generic solution that will break up and fax (via Winfax) any crystal report - please email me if you would like more info. (rino@versatile.com.au)

Hi rino,

Can you email your fax solution to me. I have a crystal report that has to be faxed to different customers. Each page in the report has to be delivered to a different fax number and the fax number field is a part of the database field.

We have successfully used CR8.5 in printing to ZETAFAX. This has worked very well. ZETAFAX reads the embedded addressing (eg. name/fax number). The user just prints the normal CR output to the ZETAFAX client.

jeffinperth,

I never heard from rino.

My problem was solved, but we use a different approach now. Instead of Crystal Reports, we use StreamServe to send the output to RightFax.

- rushivang

Greetings! Check-out: Faxing to Multiple Recipients from Crystal thread149-181251

Thanks

James Keep, A.C.E.
Crystal Reports(tm) Certified Consultant 8.5 (CRCC)
CMRC
Crystal Decisions Business Partner
Montreal, Qc, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back