Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Faxing to Multiple Recipients from Crystal 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgillz

Instructor
Mar 2, 2001
US
A client has a crystal report that is an AR Aging report which is grouped by customer with 'new page after' group option as the client does not want customer A to see Customer B's receivables.

They like this report just fine, but they want it to automatically fax to each customer their respective section of the report. The fax# is one of the database fields on the report.

I would assume that using VB you could take the output from this report and generate several Winfax events. Has anyone out there ever tackled anything similar to this? Any ideas? Please advise.

Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

I've seen this done using Winfax Pro. It just substitutes
the Fax machine as another printer and is very flexible as
far as using cover sheets, etc. It may be a solution for
your project.

Daltek -

The problem is that an AR aging report does not have one recipient, it has hundreds. Pages 1-3 are for Aardvark Company and page 437 (the last page) is for Zywebeick Industries, with hundreds of others in between.

It would be easy to write a report with a prompt for customer ID, but the client doesn't want to run 200+ reports nor do they want to enter the individual fax numbers when they are already in the database.

Any ideas? Someone has to have done this somewhere.
Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

Dgillz,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

I have an almost identical situation, and I have been trying in vane to solve it.

Thanks,

Adam

I found an email solution, but not a fax solution. Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
dgilsdorf@trianglepartners.com

There are a couple of viewers that are exploring this feature. I mentioned them in my June newsletter.

Crystal Reports Distributor 3.0
Data Link Viewer

See the links page of my web site.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Greetings! I currently fax over seven hundred (700) doctors with patients reports biweekly using Crystal reports 8.5 on a Novell server with TOBIT FAXWARE installed.

The TOBIT FAXWARE "picks-up" the special characters in the CR text fields and properly places the Docotor's name and fax number on the cover sheets.

Please let me know, and I will gladly forward a working copy of CR.
James Keep, A.C.E.
Crystal Reports(tm) Certified Consultant 8.5 (CRCC)
CMRC
Crystal Decisions Business Partner
Montreal, Qc, Canada

James,

I would like to see how that works. I have customers who might be interested in that. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
- tek@kenhamady.com

Maximizer,

Yes, please ... I would very much like to see this.

Thanks!

Adam
adams@lumbermens-inc.com

James and Ken,

A little of topic here, but wouldn't an application like what James Described violate the Crystal Broadcast License? Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
dgilsdorf@trianglepartners.com

I am glad you asked that. It would, except the license makes a specifio exception for hard copy including fax. If you used the same thing to Email or post to a web site, then it would require a CBL. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
- tek@kenhamady.com

James,

Can I get a copy of the report to review as well? I have a similar situation here that I am working on.

Thanks,
Sandy Laws
srlaws@mvh.org

Hi dgillz,

Did you find a solution to your problem?

I need to fax meter reports to different fax numbers from a crystal report. Each page has to be faxed to a specific fax number / customer. I am not sure how to do this.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Regards
rushivang.

There are several 3rd-party tools (see the compilation maintained by Ken Hamady at: that can address this need.

In the case of my Visual CUT, one user is using a burst & fax approach whereby Visual CUT bursts and exports the report to RTF files (one for each group) and places the resulting files in a folder. A standard FAX software (cost ~$295) automatically faxes any file placed in that folder based on a text formula [FAX: number] placed on the report.
Another user is faxing directly from Visual CUT by bursting and printing to a "Printer" which is actually a fax driver.

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Hi IdoMillet,

Thanks for your quick feedback. I will be using RightFax to send the faxes. Will look into the options you gave for bursting the output to RightFax.

Thanks
rushivang

I came to this thread while searching for direction in using RightFax from Microsoft Access. I do not have experience using API's, but do work with VBA and VB6. All I want to do (for now) is figure out the code for a button to select RightFax as a 'printer'.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy,

Did you ever make any further progress?

Harry

James,

I would be interested in seeing a copy of that report too.
Any chance of sending me a copy plz

Thanks,
Steve Langford
Steve.langford@canterburynz.com.au

Another product that works well with CR/CE is Zetafax. We send out several hundred faxes every day, each with different content and addresssing.

I would like to see the report for multi-customer faxing as well. Please forward a copy.

Thanks,

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back