Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Faxing out of Message Manager 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lf0002

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2004
US
Help. Have Message Manager 5.0 with s8700. We can receive faxes but cannot fax out. Do we have to program Internet Messaging to make this work? If so, we have Exchange what do we need to do with Exchange????

Avaya Rep wants to send Tech at T&M charges to fix. There has to be something simple we are missing. And, documentation is worthless.

Thanks in advance, for helping us to resolve this issue.

lf0002

You can always print the faxes to a local/network printer. Otherwise, I believe you have to prefix your dialing string with a 3. Can't remember exactly, but I know it's been coverage in this forum before. Search on Message Manger Faxing...

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

have you tried putting '@fax' at the end of the number you want to send the fax to? this is within message manager.

thanks, tim

from Message Manager I enter the number follow by @fax.

Make sure that "FAX Dialing Enabled" is set to YES within Audix. See HERE for detailed information.

Susan
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
- Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

The "@fax" is also case-sensitive. When you List Machines in the Audix check to see if it's "Fax" or "fax". It'll stop the fax from going. Another thing to remember is to enter the fax destination as if you're dialing it from a phone, i.e. 9 1 xxx xxx xxxx.

Thank you DJPlaZma,

you were correct the fax machine was "Fax" so entering the number@Fax in Message Manager allow the call to be routed correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back