Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Faxing on Broadvox SIP trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelecomAvatar

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2006
US
I have several NCP's and several TDE's that I have SIP trunks on from Broadvox. Has anyone done reliable faxing on SIP trunks from Broadvox? Or any other provider for that matter? If you have done this, what parameters or settings had to be changed? I spoke with Manny, previously from Panasonic TAC, and implemented the changes he suggested. However I am still having problems. Ideas anyone?

ive had some success using slower fax machines but very little when using G3 faxes... What issues are u having? fax machines answering the call and then dropping out mid transmission by any chance?

Yes, the answering machine will answer and then just drop the call. Any success, or is this not going to work?

you'll need analog lines for fax and modems!

Sorry, I meant to say fax machines. CW3, I think your right, we will have to use POTS lines. I just spoke with a dealer in Florida who has been doing SIP trunks since the Beta. The dealer stated that he has never been able to make it work consistently.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have got the faxing to work flawlessly on Broadvox SIP trunks. The Tech Note from Panasonic that states how to do faxing is completely wrong. Let me know if anyone wants the setup.

why don't you post it were was the tech note on btsdealer?

I believe all of us would like a copy, or you can create an FAQ for the benefit of all!

Since the traditional Panasonic training programs have been disbanded, the info seems to be more scatter-brained than ever. The e-mails I get anymore from Panasonic BTS Dealer seem to be totally bent on selling IP cameras. In fact they have been sending doubles!

....JIM....

I will right a FAQ on how to do this and post it when I am done.

At the last webinar for the TDA50G, it was stated that SIP Faxing is unreliable and it's better to use other means (POTS, eFax...).

Thanx a bunch!

John Berry, Owner

Lantex Voice & Data Systems
San Diego, Ca
Business Telephones, Cabling, VOIP, Access Control, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back