Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FaxFinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorbackHog

Programmer
Oct 28, 2000
US
Hi,

We're looking into the possibilty of purchasing a fax server for our new IPO 412 we have on order. I've seen several posts about various fax servers especially FaxFinder from Multitech. Based on its low price point, we're especially interested in FaxFinder. Can anyone give some comparisons as to what the cons are with FaxFinder? I know with the DID model it has some buffer limit of 15 pages but I don't see that limitation with the FF200. It's also not on the listed of tested fax servers with the IP Office that I found somewhere so I want to make sure that's not a liability of the system.

Thanks in advance for any information anyone may provide.

Randy

unless this has changed very recently, FF only does TIFF documents, but that was OK with my last customer. It now has a 4 and 8 port model which is good. Their website has all the documentation you need to getting this working, and it's very good information.

One thing I have asked for is an import facility for larger customers. The 8 port I installed had 120 users and it would have been nice to import them instead of hand typing.

Thanks. I have looked at some of the documentation and it looks pretty good, I was just hoping that someone else had experience with some of the other fax server packages out there to compare it against.

I know that the FaxFinder is adding .pdf capability in January, I was told it will be a free firmware upgrade. I personally love the product.

To me thoug, a fax server is something that I can email, then it sends a fax.

The only drawback with FF, is you have to be on that network because you "print" to the FF.

All in all, I like it. Especially nice that they have a DID model out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back