Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FAX tone when calling 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanAvaya

Technical User
Jul 27, 2015
AR
Hi everyone
We have migrated Callpilot voice mails accounts to AAM, including faxes. We have several "virtual" faxes configured in AAM so our customes can send them to us. The issue is that AAM answers calls with a regular announcement stating that ""X" is not available..." instead of emiting a fax tone so customers don't quite understand if they can send a fax or not.

Is there a way of configuring those voicemail/fax boxes to answer the calls with a fax tone?

Regards

Incoming eFaxes will not present a CFG tone. The Application knows if the calling party is a FAX and uses a t.38 protocol.
You will need to get a working physical Fax and make your test call.

The process around here is as follows:
1. Dial the fax number
2. Wait for the tone
3. Press the "Send" button

I know it works however, customer expect a tone so they know they called a fax. In this case they don't know they can send the fax during the announcement so they get confused. We would need to instruct each customer on this matter which is not what the company wants.

I just record the fax tone as the greeting on the MB if it is not a user mailbox.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

As simple as that, thanks.

Now how did you upload the tone? Is there a way or you just put the handset next to a speaker playing the tone?
I would need to do that several times...

Really ? Just record it in a .WAV file and play it back on a PC or phone speaker. Or use the user preferences to record with a MIC

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back