Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fax switch??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrex1

Technical User
Feb 28, 2006
CA
i installed a bcm 50,then clients tells me that he published is main number as the fax and he wants to keep it that way.
i read that i can setup a fax option that the system will recognize a fax and send to my analog ext,am i right if yes whats the setup
thanks

There are plenty of line sharing devices available that you install ahead of the PBX that will detect faxes and sent the call directly to the fax machine without even going through the phone system. All of them will extend the number of rings the caller will hear before the call gets to the PBX but hey, it's a cheap workaround.

The most common device is called The Stick, but there are many others.

yeah i use the stick all the time,but this client published his main number and the fax as the same number,and he has 4 roll over lines
so i read that the bcm call pilot can detect on all lines if its a fax and send it to the fax,if not i would need a stick on all lines.
I don't know what he was finking but i have to find a cheap solution

I don't know what he was finking but i have to find a cheap solution

You can't fix stupid. Tell him to change his fax number, nobody uses fax anymore anyway.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

I dont think you need a key code for basic fax.

Setup would be:
Install your Fax onto an ATA port
Program the ATA port/DN for outbound with Prime Line Pool X and setup the Hotline External as PAUSE (F78)
In Callpilot / Switch Properties change the Fax DN to that of the ATA's DN

Note you must have AA answer lines and not a human.

Test and report back.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Seems another waste of time answering this.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back