Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

overseasbro

Technical User
Mar 21, 2002
US
I am installing a Right-Fax Server. I have a questions regarding the routing of DNIS digits to the T-1 connected to the fax-server. I have an option 81 with 6-Pri's (Long Distance), 4-Pri's (local). The scenario is that an 1800-# that is sending 4-digits (DNIS), hits my switch. How would I route that 4 digit number to my T-1 that is dedicated to the fax server?? I was thinking of Coordinated Dialing Plan and Trunk Steering Codes... Not sure.!!!!

If you have been here and accomplished this task, please let me know where to start.

Thank you in advance

Chris W

Is the T1 for the fax server coming from the switch to the server? If so, yes create a new route and use CDP to direct. This is the quickest and easiest way that I know. Should take you about 15 minutes to program the route, change the CEQU info, add the Dchannel for the fax server, if you are using one, build the trunks create the RLI and activate the trunks.

Quick and easy...

Thank you very much johntanaya for your input. I thought CDP would be the best way to do this.

Thanks again..

Chris Chris W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back