Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax Server - which one is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjblanch

Programmer
Jan 16, 2003
AU
Hi All,

Currently we are using Right Fax and now looking at getting a new fax server or something that will enable us to use existing faxes from an old G3RV8 system.

We have moved to S8700 (CM3.1.2) with G650 ports, which is centerally located in a Data Centre with no physical hardware located in our offices.

Can anyone suggest a good fax server that they are currently using or if they know of any good analogue adaptors that could be used.

Regards..

You're not happy with Rightfax, cause I was strongly considering purchasing Rightfax this year. That's the one I would recommend.

I have used the Intuity Audix for faxes and it has worked great for me. I haven't used it for outbound much, but inbound using Message Manager or Outlook integration has been a perfect solutions. I had the HR Manager at one company using it to handle all the resumes that he received, and the were number in the hundreds a week and it never missed a beat.

gblucas

Does faxing come standard on an Intuity. I'm getting a new LX in August and am wondering if it will accept faxes.

I am not sure about the LX, I have version 5.1 and it is fax capable. I think that you have to have the service turned on and be licensed for it, but mine was already so it wasn't an issue. I currently have a Map40 with 24 ports, and we hardly every use any ports at all. You can setup a DID to go directly to the fax machine, and then on the secondary extension line, I put that DID. It will light your message waiting light, and announce that you have a fax when you go to get messages. You can set it up to give it a phone number to fax machine to send the fax to, if you are out of the office, or you could just use Message Manager to print the faxes directly. The Outlook integration is really pretty cool, but I haven't seen it in a long while.

gblucas

I use the righfax server with the brooktrout tr1034 on PRI,
Connected to a DS1 board in the Avaya.
Incoming faxes route to MS-exchange mailboxes.
And then we use HP digital senders for paper scanning/faxing.
Not a cheap combination, but it always works.

We use RightFax, Brooktrout board on the RightFax server, and a DS1 on the PBX. UDP/AAr to route cals to the different fax boxes on the server, and the faxes either get sent to department printers or e-mail. We have a bunch of the old fax machines setup as analog stations for out bound faxing.

The reason we were looking at getting a new server is due to our RightFax admin guy leaving, so the company wants to go down a new track if possible.

dfalken,

both intuity lx 1.1 and 2.0 support fax on all ports. lx 2.0 supports up to 24 ports.

My company use GFI Fax server, with capable to send trought smtp. Modem that used is US robotics external data modem (not voice) quite cheap but running good in 24 analog line. Serial port expander is Digi port.
We use it for almost 4 years!

Off course if you have LX, better to use it rather than buy a new fax server software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back