Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax overflow not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhxGuy

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2008
US
I have a BCM 400 running 3.7 and I have a strange issue.

I can't get my Fax Overflow to work.

I have a DID number xxx-xxx1 that is set up as a route to another DID that I have xxx-xxx2. The second DID is an analog port on the system. In unified manager it shows up as Port 0227 and Inactive. It is hooked up to Module 6 either port 07 or 08. So that doesn't make sense to me. This line is hooked up to a fax card in a computer.

If someone calls in to send a fax, everything works fine. The original issue was that if a second call came in while the line is being used, there would be dead silence. No busy, no nothing.

As per a suggestion here, the first thing I did was added a target line. I then set the target line to busy instead of prime now I get the busy signal

I have set up fax overflow on both the xxx-xxx1 dn and the xxx-xxx2 dn. But the system never picks up. Before it was just dead air. Now that I made the change above, it is just a busy signal.

Any help you can provide would be great.

Thanks

Maybe the original DID needs Call Forward on busy sent to the 2nd DN. Can you call the 2nd DN internally and get fax tone?

Adversity is Opportunity

The first DID is a route so I can't set that to anything. It just dials the second the number externally.

The second DID did not have anything in the Forward on Busy. I set that to the same thing as I use for voicemail for all normal phones. No change. Still busy.

Yes I can call the 2nd DN internally and get the fax tones. If the line is currently in use, then I get "Not in Service" on my phone display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back