Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

mroberts

Vendor
Mar 22, 2002
US
I am confused (yes, again). Supposedly you can purchase one fax messaging keycode that will enable fax messaging for the whole BCM. Got that, sounds reasonable.

But.... the other fax features like Fax Attendant (overflow), Fax On Demand and the Fax Suite you have to purchase via seats???

If one keycode can enable Fax messaging for the while system, why can't Fax On Demand be for the whole system? Do you buy a seat for each Fax On Demand mailbox you need?

What about Fax Attendant? I guess this one kinda makes sense.... if you have multiple physical fax machines attached to the system you would have to purchase a Fax Overflow box for each fax machine. Do I have that right?

Then you have the whole Fax Suite??? How does that work being purchased in seats?

[hairpull2]

MRoberts

Fax Messaging – allows the user to receive, send and forward faxes in the same fashion as
voice messages. Fax Overflow prevents customers from missing faxes by sending overflow
faxes to a Fax Overflow mailbox, which stores the faxes until the fax machine is able to print
them. Fax on Demand allows a user to retrieve documents stored in special mailboxes. Fax
Suite provides Fax Messaging, Fax Overflow and Fax On Demand as a bundle.

Fax Suite: provides a packaged software option that includes:
• Fax Messaging: ability to receive fax messages in the voice mailbox
• Fax on Demand: provides repetitive information to callers without human intervention
• Fax Overflow: Fax Overflow Mailbox acts as virtual fax machine to receive faxes when
the fax machine is out of service

Examples of usage:
Express Messaging line in mailbox for fax DID.
Full AA listens for fax tones and diverts to fax DN (ATA+Fax machine).
Ring only fax line to user DN sends faxes to vmail and are later printed to fax DN.
Unifed Messaging used to view faxes in mail client.
Unifed Messaging used to send faxes using "print to Nortel Fax Driver".

David Brillert

Thanks Dave. I do know how it works, my question was more about buying the licensing.

Why some to enable the feature for the whole system and others for individuals?

If one keycode can enable Fax messaging for the whole system, why can't Fax On Demand be for the whole system? Do you buy a seat for each Fax On Demand mailbox you need?

MRoberts

You need a keycode for every user, not one for the whole co. BCM Unified Messaging 1-seat Software Authorization Keycode.

Why are there multiple Unified Messaging Keycodes with different seat (user) numbers? For instance 1,4,8,100, if you only need one.

I see your talking Fax messaging not Unified messaging--SORRY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back