Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax mailbox - prevent greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2010
Hi i've gotten some complaints from users who are confused when they hear the vm greeting for some of our fax mailboxes is there a way to prevent them from playing on specific mbs?

thanks
Goz

You can record silence or partial silence as the greeting but you can't turn it off. Why would the user be confused? If they dial from a fax mach most of them do not even have speakers any longer to be able to hear the call progression.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Most of the faxes we recieve on these numbers are home users faxing in time sheets and other types of reports so they are using small fax machines.

Thanks
-Goz

Send out instructions for your home users to press the start/send button once they hear the personal greeting of the voice mailbox they reached. Or have the subscriber's greetings be record to say "if this is a fax, press start now...." or something to that affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back