Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaccyNet

Technical User
Jun 6, 2006
GB
Hi All!

I have had a user come to me this week complaining of not being able to fax to some fairly critical numbers. Heres a quick rundown of what the system is setup like:

Mitel 3300MX connected to ISDN line. This is then wired to a patch panel to provide two analog lines. Each of these lines are then cabled through the building to a single consumer fax machine (off the shelf, nothing special)

Both fax machines can send to each other as well as a couple of other businesses near us. They can also receive regardless of who is sending.
The user has tried sending the fax from either machine but both produce the same result (prints an error message of No Answer) but if the fax machine is connected to a standard consumer BT socket, the fax sends straight away.
This happens with a couple of numbers, there is no pattern to it.

Is there something in the Mitel's config I should be checking? As I didnt set it up in the first place I'm not sure where to look but I have been working with the IP phone side for a while now so can find my way around.
The switch is a 3300MX with software ver 7.0.8.5. The fax machines are both Samsung SF-350's although I have tried a different model just to test and this made no difference.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Steve

Another silly suggestion, have you got the leading digit inserted on the fax machine to access an outside line.

Also do incoming faxes work?

Incoming faxes do work on both machines. Also yes I have remebered to enter the outside line digit (9).

The fax machine dials the number and bleeps twice (once then a delay then again) but then sits there saying send until it times out.

Thanks for the reply!

I've googled for the manual and got one but this also does not have anything in it to do with regional settings. :(

Have you got access to an analogue phone, you could plug that in using the fax machines cable, if that dials out ok you will know the problem lies with the fax machine's setup.

We have a similar problem with Ricoh faxes. We have ben told that Mitel does not support Super 3G.

Sometimes they work, most times not.

Changing the speed makes no difference.

We are using Multitech in the middle, we have tried the faxes directly into the Mitel, same issue.

Would love to know what the fix is.

We seem to have fixed the problem by changing the fax machine for an older Canon that a supplier had. I changed all the settings back to match the other fax we have onsite and we still have the issue with the Samsung.

Unfortunatly for now, we're just going to buy a different fax machine for that office, its cost us enough as it is without trying to fix the underlying cause.

I have the answer and just confirmed by Mitel tech support today.

Mitel do not support Super G3, they are testing at the moment as this issue is now causing them pain.

They have no date for release as yet and the only answer is to re-configure the fax machines as G3 switching off the Super G3.

This may not be possible for all makes so be aware.

To clairify, Mitel do NOT support super G3.

Hope this helps/answers this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back