Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax Issue!!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intouch01

Technical User
Feb 13, 2014
Hi,

I have been trying to resolve this issue which has friend my brain for most of the day.

I am trying to get a fax to work on ext 208 - the fax number is 01621 744644 we can fax out but not receive faxes. When we attach an analogue phone to the extension it can dial out but not receive calls.

I have attached the config, if anyone can shed any light it will be greatly appreciated.

The other thing that the customer wants to do is use all three lines for outgoing but set it so that the main number 01621 742922 (two of the 3 lines) is the main one shown and either prevent the third line (the fax number) from being shown or only show it when the third line is in use which should have the lowest priority.

I have had a long week and usually could resolve this I am sure

one last thing, make sure when you connect the cable to go into the line port of the fax machine and not the phone port.

Thanks smokey the handset only took rj11 so the cat5 was placed on the phone system side. Their onsite electrician made the cable and I am sure that's what's caused this.

Ok thanks, I'll give this a go. Do I just change to line to loop start to do this?

Most analogue devices need a bell capacitor on the circuit in order to ring the device.
The BT socket would already have this and that's why it rings the bell circuit.

When connecting to the fax from the analogue port use a Master PBX Balon which connects to your Rj45 outlet and converts it back to Pstn socket(uk).
Then you can use the standard Pstn line cord to your fax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back