Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fax install after system recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfhewitt

Technical User
Jun 6, 2000
US
After a system recovery in Win XP, on booting I get an install attempt, unable to locate "fax.msi". I do not want fax, have taken any fax reference out of startup and removed from Windows components. Could this be result of recovery not renaming files correctly, and what can I do to eliminate this pesty procedure every time I start my computer. TIA

There is no reason to remove fax from anything before or after install. Just don't set-up fax in the printer and fax folders. you might also beable to download a freash copy of that file . google it and save it to windows\system\32 make sure you virus scan it first.

I found that this problem was caused by HP Digital Imaging, and taking the program out of startup corrected the immediate problem. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back