Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax dummy 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2006
US
I mean, I'm the dummy. Can't figure out how to get myself a fax.
Here's what I'm doing. Where am I going wrong?
Particulars:
Call Pilot 4
M1 61C
Desktop messaging is installed and working - I can get and listen to my voicemails from my Outlook 2003 mailbox. Fax is the last piece to set up.

In CPMGR I added a new SDN - I just picked an unused number (8700), non-DID and made it media type FAX.
Then I built a new type 500 phone on my phantom loop and used a real DID number but when I got to the part where I FTR DCFW 4 8700 I get this error message:

SCH5199
An invalid internal DN has been entered for the CFW key. The entered DN is either a normal DN, or FFC+DN. The validation is done for both CFXD and CFXA classes of service.

So I can't advance past that point. I am still not sure how call pilot will know to deliver a new fax to my mailbox but I figured when I got that far there would be someplace to tell it that a fax to 7524 will go to my mailbox. Of course, I can't get that far without getting this part done so where am I failing? Is there a requirement for the SDN number?

I do know we have the required licenses for faxing. Not MANY, but enough to do this one and then, when I get it working for me, give a couple other muckitymucks their own private fax to desktop.

ALL I DO IS BUILD A PHANTOM WITH A DID, FORWARED TO CALL PILOT ACDN. THEN A INSERT THE DID NUMBER IN THE MAILBOX. POOF IT WORKS

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Well, all that did was get me to my voicemail when I dial the fax number...

might I need something else in the CLS?

DES LEEFAX
TN 156 0 00 08 PHANTOM
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
WRLS NO
DN 7524 0 MARP
CPND
NAME Lee Fax
XPLN 25
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 0
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
XLST
SCI 0
CLS UNR DTN FBD XFA WTA THFD FND HTD ONS
LPR XRD AGRD CWD SWD MWD RMMD SMWD LPD XHA SLKD CCSD LND TVD
CFTD SFD MRD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD LLCN EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXD ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA MIND
MCRD
EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD DNDY DNO3
USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXA CNUD CNAD PGND FTTC
CDMR
PLEV 02
CSDN
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
FTR DCFW 4 7000
DATE 3 MAY 2007

I must be missing something completely - all the help files in Callpilot Manager seem to be talking about broadcast faxing and fax on demand service applications and other stuff I don't care about right now. I just want to get a fax on my computer. Am I making it harder than it needs to be?

Hi Lee,

Have you put in the mutimedia number in the SDN?

Set it up like Perry said.. phantom with dcfw to the multimedia acd NOT the ACD you use for getting your voice messages. If you set the dcw to the same number you use for standard voice calls Call Pilot does not know they are a Fax call.

Then go into the user mailbox and put the phantom dn as the second Dn and you should be fine.

You may have to reboot Cpilot for it to work, I would suggest just running the config wizard and when you see your existing voice SDN add a new one and make it a multimedia.

Also the ACD for this just needs to NCFW to your voice SDN number and you should be fine.

Hope this Helps

Cheers

Scott

Please forgive my density but am I missing a number here?
In CPMGR I went to Service Directory Numbers and added 8700 (not a DID) as a multimedia SDN with media type FAX. (There wasn't already a multimedia sdn set up) In my switch I created a phantom 500 set with DID number 7524 (which is a valid DID number and what I am expecting to give out as my fax number - along with area code and nxx)
When I try to dcfw 4 7524 to 8700 the system won't let me. (The error in the above post). So I thought I saw in your post that I should also create a maxp 1 ACD so I created ACD 8699 with the intention of forwarding phantom number 7524 to 8699 and 8699 would ncfw to 8700. but when I set up my ACD and try to ncfw to 8700, I get this:
SCH0430
Invalid directory number entered for ACD NCFW or IFDN.

Action: Try another DN.

I thought I could use any 4 digit number I wanted on my switch...?

And, re: rebooting callpilot - should that be an after hours thing? how long will people be without voicemail or menus while it's rebooting?

8700 needs to be built in the pbx as well as CP. Built it as a CDN, run the configuration wizard and add 8700 as the multimedia CDN, reboot to acquire the CDN. Now your phantom can dcfw to 8700

'cause it's Friday and the lunch spot had 2 for 1 Dos XX Amber and I just got a fax in my outlook inbox.

Thanks everybody!

By the way and off the topic, Yyrkroon - did you know there's an awesome metal band called Yyrkoon? What's your extra "R" for? (They were named for the character in the Michael Moorcock novels). I'm just curious - you surely don't have to answer if it's none of my business. I couldn't help but think the 2 were too close to be coincidence

Yep, Yyrkroon is based off of Michael Moorcock, sould stealing, throne robbing, cousin killing character Yyrkoon. The extra R is so I dont get sued for using a copy righted name :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back