Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax contacts with AAAD, Aura 6.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are having problems with setting up the outgoing faxes.
We are in the process of switching to Avaya Aura 6.2 from CC 7.0, have it on the test site right now. According to what we've been told the agents should be able to use the AAAD to receive the fax contacts, and to send the replies out (as faxes). Right now we can receive the faxes in AAAD but we can not fax out.
The vendor suggested a couple of solutions but they involve additional software on the agent's desktop for sending the faxes out, and that defeats the purpose of AAAD as a tool that integrates different modes of communication. There was also a suggestion that we need the fax server to send the faxes out.

So the question I have is - has anybody got this working? Do you need some additional drivers/fax servers/etc. to send the fax out using the AAAD or the AAAD should be enough?

Additional info - we have Aura 6.2 with CS1000 (non-sip setup), and the fax is being processed (at least coming in) by the CallPilot.

I have a question on how you are recieving your incomming FAXs. Do your FAXs come into the FAX skillset or in your E-Mail skillset? Do you have OPEN QUEUE turned on or off?

We have a dedicated skillset for faxes now. I think that we used to have a skillset that was handling emails and faxes together - our vendor tried several combinations. Anyway, we never had problem with emails going in and out, the problem was just with sending replies to the faxes.
I am not sure about the OPEN QUEUE - where would one check for something like this? CCMA skillset configuration?

Hi Kris,

You can check the open queue enable/disable in Server Configuration -> Licensing . It would list the licensed features .

Since AACC 6.0, faxes can be routed to FX_xxxx skillsets (assuming you have a license). Before that, they came in as email attachments on email skillsets. You can reply to the fax provided your fax server has an SMTP port -
fax arrives + converted to email with attachment from ANI@domain.com
Routed to FX_xxx skillset and presented to agent
Agent replies to ANI@domain.com (outgoing mailbox for that skillset uses fax server smtp)
fax server converts MIME message to fax transmission to ANI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back