Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Favicons 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwunder

Technical User
Jun 2, 2001
GB
I did have a prog called FAVORG which I used to get all the website icons to display correctly in my favourites folder. I no longer have it and the links to download it have finished. Is there any alternative program I can use to get the site icons back, rather than the dull "blue e" that windows displays by default

Thanks in advance
kwunder

See if this thread helps:

thread608-89495 "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

I just noticed, YOU started that other thread, so I guess it wasn't helpful after all. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

I just downloaded a program called Favicons which sounds like what you want. Maybe your old program (Favorg)had a different name.

Lockergnome mentioned it about 2 weeks ago. Go to Chris Pirellos Lockergnome site ( search for "Favicons" for his hot link.

It gets the special web icons, saves them in a dedicated folder on your HD, and validates all your favorites links while it searches for the icons.

Hank

Hi Hank,

Sorry pal. Couldn't find that link on Lockergnome.....

kwunder

Lets try it another way.

Go to google.com and type in "FAVORG". The first pick should be the download page from ZIff Davis PC Magazine, who wrote the utility.

The current version seems to be v1.2

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back