Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Faulty monitor switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark411

Technical User
Sep 12, 2000
CA
Hi everyone, I have a problem with the power switch on my Samtron 75V monitor. I start the computer & the monitors power light comes on, then switches off.
Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

ps. I recently had some computer problems of a different kind posted here:
thread779-445606

I don't know if it is related?
regards Mark

Have you plugged the monitor into another outlet, preferably one with no other devices plugged into it?

Unfortunately it could be a capacitor or power supply in the monotor.

Monitors, like everything do die, usually one minute after warranty.

Do you have another computer to try the monitor on? Have you recently replaced a AGP video card? Any new Hardware in the system such as a motherboard?

yes, I'll try my very old 90 Pentium, I did replace the agp video with a pci video card to correction some other issues as stated in this link; bottom of page.
thread779-445606 no new hardware. I phoned Tech Support Samtron, said to check power switch without being connected to computer to see if I get the floating message about monitor being disconnected.
regards Mark

When turning on the monitor without being connected to the video card the light on the monitor comes on for 1/2 second, then goes out. I can also hear the contact switch off again? Nothing on the screen.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
Samtron support says I have to bring the monitor in for service.
:<

Well I might be misreading this thread but thats what it is supposed to do, it needs a video signal to remain turned on, if it doesn't sense a video signal the monitor goes into standby after a couple of seconds.
So is it because the monitor isn't recieving a signal?
Have you tried the monitor on another PC?
Martin Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

Hi, the monitor is getting a signal.
I also tried my old computer and the monitor still doesn't stay on. Switches off just after I release the button.
regards Mark
ps I may have to send it in for repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back