Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fatal exception error message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubi

Technical User
Jun 5, 2002
US
ok when ever i play counter-strike on my computer about a half hour into it it will either freeze or say this :"a fatal exception OE has occured at 0028:FF0600D0. the current application will be terminated.

why? and how can i fix this problem. nubi's unite.

will some1 please tell me what i can do to fix this? nubi's unite.

It could be a heat problem. What are the specs on your computer? OS, video card, etc. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

To test for overheating, open the case and use a table fan if you have one to blow air into the case on high and see if it still freezes. If it doesn't then you know the problem.

to no brain: i have a 32mb tnt vid card, 256 of sdram, 1700 amd athlon xp, win 98. thats all i know off hand.(thats embaressing cause i built it myself) nubi's unite.

Try Kento's suggestion. Blow the fan directly on the video card. I don't think that TNT has a fan on the card, just a heat sink. If this fixes your problem you need to look at the way your cooling your case, maybe add another fan. You might make sure no other programs are running in the background--especially anti-virus program. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back