Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fatal Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

skorche

Technical User
Jul 27, 2001
US
I am using AutoCAD 2000i and I am recieving the message:
"FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exveption at 340040cbh". This message occurs while paning or zooming using the the middle button and/or the wheel on the mouse. Has anyone encounterd this problem?

does the wheel mouse cause any crahsed or program errors in any other apps.....eg scrolling in MS Word or Internet Explorer??? It sounds like the driver for the mouse is not suitable for use in CAD.

If the pan and zoom toolbar buttons cause CAD to crash then its not the mouse, if they don't it is the mouse!!

Try reloading the drivers for the lil micey!! Jay~

"I have to think of a funny footer to
put in here!!!???"

~KeyTech

the mouse does not cause problems in other programs, and the normal pan and zoom commands do cause it to crash but not as often. I have tried reloading AutoCAD and the service packs, I have tried reloading the mouse drivers, I have tried using a different mouse, I have tried changing out the internal components of the computer, nothing seems to solve this problem :-(

Just curious if you ever resolved this issue.

I'v had probelms with Autocad 2000 working correctly when it was installed over Autocad 14 -- I had to delete the AUTODESK registry key under LOCAL MACHINE and then re-install Autocad so that it is the Sole Occupant of the PC.

Sisco

I have not solved the problem as of yet. I have already cleared the registry and reinstalled AutoCAD 2000i. The fatal error does not occur as often, but it still does happen. It seems to happen when the drawing file gets large or when the drawing was created in an older version of AuotCAD.

Sisco,
What kind of processor is in your computer? (intel,amd,???)

Have you had the fatal error since reinstalling AutoCAD?
What type of video card and memmory are you using?

Skorche,
I am having the same fatal exception error using R14 and a regular mouse. Everything I have found points me to it being a Windows problem. But, I have not found enough info on the Microsoft website.

Please help if you get useful info.
cleija

i have this error on our workstations here at work and i have been trying to solve this for a month. Same error im getting also. Any luck yet? cause i need help!!!!

I have had this same problem on both my home pc and my works pc's, I got ound it by installing a program called bigfix, this can be obtained from bigfix.com, i let it run a while and it pointed me to a patch download for autocad, which i installed, hey presto problem cured, i have this download saved on disc, if anyone wants it i will send via mail if you so wish, send me a mail and i will reply, or if its better, install bigfix, it works for all of your system, i beleive it also has a linux version too. My email is Nshedman@aol.com

Hi, i have encountered a fatal error unhandled access violation exception 428593h while doing a copy command in autocad 14. How can i fix this problem?

I have 30 PC on LAN. We are working on AutoCAD 2000.
But we got FATAL error since last month on so many PC.
I want solution of FATAL ERROR. Someone told me to rename the dwg. file but its not solve the problem.

I recently found a document on Autodesk's knowledge base ( that details a number of Unhandled Access Violation Exception errors. It may be of some help.

Search for TS67088.

Nick
nick.hall@altasystems.co.uk

FYI, I posted this on another forum also

We had 2000i and received FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x2f24000 Exception at 1c045655h.

We stripped my machine down and reloaded it with AutoCAD 2002, Windows NT 4.0 (SERVIDE PACK 6),3d piping software,3d labs oxygen vx1 32mg video card, Microsoft Intellimouse drivers, Intel(R) Proset2 for network connection and mcaffee 4.5 virus decetion. We still received FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x2f24000 Exception at 1c045655h.

We uninstalled MCAFFEE and so far I have not had any fatal errors. Just a start!!!!

I just copied over a 10mb 3d piping model to my local drive for testing. Changed from a front view to a iso view and received FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x15c5000 Exception at 1c045655h. The exception at number is identical no mattter what drawing I receive the fatal error. ??????

Reopened drawing did a Aduit then purge all, saved drawing and so far no Fatal error. I will keep hammer it and let you all know.

Question
Has anyone have any luck trying to get reply's back from Autodesk? I have sent them a few e-mail with no reply's.

ooohhh.
i have just finished installing autocad 2000i on my computer, which had once adt3.3 installed before i had it. everything goes fine, the installation completes, but when i open autocad i get this message about unhandeled access violation 0X0000 occured ar 0h, and then another one "the instruction 0x77e778ce" refrenced by memory ay "0x00e5eff8"/ the memory could not be "written"
what do i do? please help.... please reply to :danielashu@hotmail.com thank you so much

Fatal are starting to haunt us again. I think Autodesk really needs to look at 2000 and higher. We had no problems running R14. We would of keep using R14 but one of the overlay software programs we use doesn't work in R14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back