Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fatal Error Res 3700 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, error 1603 with an MSI package. We ran into this while upgrading RES 5.3 to 5.5 on a select few servers. First think you should do is check event viewer for where it threw this error. It should have a little more information. Once you get that error it should show you where to go next. On our instances we had to replace XML's in IIS, reinstall IIS completely, clear temp folders, check the disableMSI registry setting etc. It was a nightmare. We were upgrading ~300 servers a night and about 15% experienced this generic error.

With WIN10 check the Micros services, there's a possibility the path to executable value has a 1 after it. EG looking at the "Micros KDS Controller" service, you right click and go to properties, then looking at the path to executable will show "X:\MICROS\Res\KDS\Bin\KDSController.exe 1" note the 1 at the end.

Thanks alot Kartel , looks like it was the Kdscontroller.exe causing the issue ,! thanks alot

Hi Friends, can you Help me?, I have a new server, so I am trying to install 3700 RES 5.6, and says error 1722, when crash, says error 1603, please, do you know how can I solve it?, thanks in advance...

error 1603 u need to remove kdscontroller.exe service out , which means you have to delete the service. As far as error 1722 im not quite sure , but you might have to delete another micros service for that one.

I had the same Error... deinstall micros.. restart server... delet all service in regedit.... turn windows update off (or install all)... turn dataprotecion of.... reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back