Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'afxres.h'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeanneK

Programmer
May 3, 2002
US
I keep getting the following error fatal error when compiling a program (any program):
RC1015: cannot open include file 'afxres.h' when trying to compile a program

That's a common bug when using Visual J++, but not with Visual C++.

If the error's with J++, then you're in the wrong forum, but you can check MSDN library, they have workarounds for this problem.

If the error's with C++, then it's either a bad installation or it's on a network drive that you don't have rights to. If on a network, talk to the administrator to get rights, if a bad installation, uninstall and reinstall.

Basically it says that it can't find the header file which means it either can't read it or the settings don't have the MFC include folder in its search path.

The problem is with VC++. The application worked fine before I recieved a new computer. I already had VC++ re-installed, but I can try again. Note, the program worked fine on my old computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back