Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fatal error incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreenK

Technical User
Apr 7, 2000
US
I installed ColdFusion Studio 4.5 on my PC. Got error: "Unable to create instance of required object..." so uninstalled CF. Still getting error on various applications now even with CF gone.

Did the error message say specifically what the required message was???

The required object was ServerAdmin. This error began to impact multiple programs - not allowing me to even move or copy files. What I ended up doing was backing up important files via zip drive, slicking my PC and reloading everything. To this point (knock on wood) CF seems to be doing OK. Thanks for your response - I'll definately use this forum in the future if I get stuck again!

It sounds like the error condition may have been there in some form before CF was installed, and the installation process probably made it worse, causing system wide problems...<br><br>Good job getting it to work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back