Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fatal ERror in Windows NT 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerIra

MIS
Dec 8, 2000
US
I keep getting errors like this in Windows NT and AutoCad 2000.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x7c00 Exception at 6564d0dbh

Any ideas?

I used to get them myself, is it at start up or during
drafting??? Its drastic but the best thing to do is to
save .mnu and .pgp files if you made changes to them and
the reinstall the program. Dont go for the reinstall option
when you put the CD in, instead, remove ACAD fully first,
and the install it fresh. Then copy in the saved files.
This way you wont lose saved commands and your toolbar
layout will be the same. Jay~
const_hole.gif

If its broken, just leave it and hope someone else fixes it!
~KeyTech

It is during drafting..

I can't pin it down to any particular function. It just seems to be randomly crashing.

Just a quick thought, you said you're running AutoCAD 2000, have you downloaded and applied all the patches from the Autodesk site? I know there were some issues that were fixed with the patches. There should be 4 that you need. (serv. pack, acad2000, 3d..., and plotting)

well what you can do is get a splitter for the serial
port, which will allow you to plug in the splitter which
will take up the 1 serial port, but the splitter has 2
serial ends on it...like a TV splitter for AERIAL/GAME Jay~

If its broken, just leave it and hope someone else fixes it!

~KeyTech

I can't believe I finally found someone else with the
FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x7c00 Exception at 6564d0dbh. Did you ever figure out what
was going on?

No... On one machine that was really going crazy, I upgraded the BIOS and it seemed to help a little but it didn't totally resolve the issue.

Do you have enough swap space set ?

Autodesk recommend 4x physical RAM.

Do you have enough temporary space ?

Check the free space on the drive that is pointed to by your TEMP variable (usually c:\temp in NT4) and try to get at least 500Mb.

Nick

Hello, I don't know if your problem has been resolved yet, but another thought is to make sure you have your service pack for NT. I'm assuming that's NT4.0, if so there is SP5A now, make sure you have that installed. Also if you go to they have the Sentinnal system driver updates. Also, when you say you get the messages in NT and Autocad, does that mean you get the same fatal error in other programs while Autocad is not running? Please repost to say whether problem has been fixed.

I apologise for a second post in a row, but I also found an issue on Autodesk's site that might apply. It's dealing with a Network install of Autocad, so if you're using the Network version, try looking here: then type ts17275 in the ask question space.

I never could fix this problem. We have NT 4.0 and LDD 2000i is not a network version. I was hoping that the problem would be solved when I replaced the machine with entirely different components (still a Pentium III), with a newly formatted hard drive, NT Service Pack 6, all service packs available for LDD 2000i, Civil, Survey and Cad Overlay. We plot to an OCE 9400-II where the system plotter works for all other stations using same config, plus Autocad Light 2000i, and Autocad 2000i.
The message happened again today, during plot (as it always did in the past). User is pathed to plotters and plot styles on a server. I have another user on a machine (exact same components and exact same configuration) that I setup at the same time, to compare. This user has not experienced a problem.

User with problem is currently working with sheets that have viewports crossreferened to the XR file, where the object properties and line weights change during plot. Although this is the first project that is corrupted in this way, he has consistently crashed during plots of simple drawings that indicated no corruption.
There is plenty of space, memory, processor speed and paging.
I'll check back for your response, but I may call autodesk soon. Will let you know what I find out. UNLESS, you come up with something first. THANK YOU!!

Well, it deffinitely sounds like you have a doozy there! If you haven't already, if you have a support contract, I would deffinitely suggest using it! I've found a couple of things that may or maynot be related, but it seems that it's a good question for your support. Couple things I've found: TS29596 is the tech support number at the autodesk support site (listed above) re: arx and appload, I'd just check it out and make sure it doesn't apply to you. Another is if you have anything else installed on that machine like ADT or 3D Studio Viz, or maybe within map civil and land, make sure you've installed them in the correct order, you should be able to find that somewhere in the knowlege base. Also, (you've probably already tried this...) use the plot manager to create new plotter config from Acad on machine with problem using wizard - will create system plotter using network no problem, probably rename original so you don't lose it, and is the problem in plotting to anywhere? or only the OCE9400? If none of this works, you're pretty good for calling your support and having a list of things you've tried. If your CO. doesn't already have a contract, best bet's to call your local reseller and ask to purchase a time bundle... Please post back as I am interested to find out the results! Best of luck! :)

I HAVE SOLVED THE ISSUE HERE. MY WAS DUE TO A TEMPLATE FILE AND I HAVE MUCH MORE INFO IF NEEDED.

Please JVWGUY, I am curious about what you discovered.
Would you please expound?

JVWGUY or ELDEE2 please send info regarding your findings to wes@cobfen.com.

THANKS!!

We had 2000i and received FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x2f24000 Exception at 1c045655h.

We stripped my machine down and reloaded it with AutoCAD 2002, Windows NT 4.0 (SERVIDE PACK 6),3d piping software,3d labs oxygen vx1 32mg video card, Microsoft Intellimouse drivers, Intel(R) Proset2 for network connection and mcaffee 4.5 virus decetion. We still received FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x2f24000 Exception at 1c045655h.

We uninstalled MCAFFEE and so far I have not had any fatal errors. Just a start!!!!

I just copied over a 10mb 3d piping model to my local drive for testing. Changed from a front view to a iso view and received FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x15c5000 Exception at 1c045655h. The exception at number is identical no mattter what drawing I receive the fatal error. ??????

Reopened drawing did a Aduit then purge all, saved drawing and so far no Fatal error. I will keep hammer it and let you all know.

Question
Has anyone have any luck trying to get reply's back from Autodesk? I have sent them a few e-mail with no reply's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back