Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fatal Error Exception Code C0000005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas

Programmer
Sep 20, 1999
US
I have a perplexing problem in an application that is only happening on one computer. When I try and run the one form that uploads a spreadsheet, as soon as I try and upload I get the fatal error noted in subject. Also everytime that I get this message I find that the index file is corrupted. I can run the form in the application compiled to an .exe but cannot run file as an application .app. Even more confusing is the fact that this is happening only on one computer in the office, runs fine on other computers.

Any help would be appreciated

Atlas

Atlas,
This error code simply indicates that the computer had a problem - not the application. There are many reasons for this error, but often it's not easy to track it down.

What's different about this system?
Hardware:
Memory (actual or available), Processor (Intel vs. AMD), Network connection (NIC, cabling, etc.)

Software:
Different Virus checker or configuration? Different version of VFP runtime files? Different version of Excel? Different OS including all updates? Different Video or Printer Drivers loaded?

Rick

Thanks,

I am not sure what could be different all computers are intel pentium 4 and running Windows 2000 but this gives me somewhere to begin.

Atlas

You say, "upload"

If you are using APPEND FROM try switching it to IMPORT FROM and vise versa if you are using IMPORT FROM. It's a shot in the dark, but sometimes they work.

Jim Osieczonek
Delta Business Group, LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back