Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FastT700+EXP700 raid level

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs6000er

Technical User
Jul 21, 2004
CA
hi, all!
i have FastT700+EXP700, the raid level is raid 0.
i want to change the raid 0 to raid 5, the manual said i can change the raid level without stop the production servers. i cant get any information from ibm's web site. so if anyboby have some ideas about it.
OS - AIX 5.1
DB - Oracle 7.1.7
FSM - 8.3
Raid level - raid 0 (200 GB)

First off you do have to stop all I/O to that Lun. Then you need to go through Storage Manager and you can change the raid level. You may have to shutdown the server depending on what you have using that LUN.

who ever heard of a Computer Geek Biker

i have read on manual - the fastt is capable of changing raid levels on the fly without interruption to the host as long as disk requirements are met.

i will do this at next week, anybody who want to get some valuable information just tell me and i will post some news about it

Well ,
it was also said in manual that you can add new disks to exp700 online , but when we did , we lost a lun which included my Rollback segments Tablespace , and caused Oracle crash.

Baanman

In my Manuals from the FAST-T class it says to change the raid level or add a disk you must stop all I/O to that LUN. If it is a database you can Quiesce the database or you must shut it down while doiong this

who ever heard of a Computer Geek Biker

all chaning jobs were finished, all files are complete,no file was lost.
successful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back