Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FAStT700 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfterBurN

Technical User
May 23, 2003
PH
This is slightly OT, since it is a storage server issue, but it's on a cluster node, I swear ;). I have a FAStT700 ( 2 controllers, 1 EXP700's hanging off the back, everything standard ) had it's controllers removed to use w/ troubleshooting on another t700. I put the controllers back in, made sure the network was configured correctly, and went to add it back into the Storage Manager software, and here's where the problem arises. I can do Edit->Add_Device for ea. controller's IP address, but it sees each controller as a seperate device, i.e. as part of a different storage subsystem, and then complains about each host not having it's 2nd controller added. I really only need 3 pieces of information :
1) has anyone seen this before? I saw it previously w/ another storage server, but the problem "went away on it's own" ( read : was a symptom of another problem/misconfiguration, was resolved w/ said other problem
)
2) if none has seen this, does anyone on this list know how to totally wipe data off the controller (i.e., reset configuration to factory defaults)? Would that be the "Clear NVSRAM" option in the t700's Boot Menu? I didn't want to do that, not knowing exactly what information was stored in the NVSRAM...
3) has anyone seen a complete documentation of the command sets for the CLI ( serial ) interface to the t700 series? the IBM documentation offered to customers is suitable for wiring things up, and the most rudimentary of tasks, but that's it. Any and all information/suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks, yall.

Login to the controler through the null serial and do a netCfgSet or a netCfgShow to check the configureation of the controller.

who ever heard of a Computer Geek Biker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back