Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FastT200/EXB500 network issue (where the crap are the docs for this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonastio

Technical User
Sep 25, 2006
US
It's running VxWorks5.4.2
Of course, I can't find any documentation that's worthwhile. If you know where to get good docs on the IOS on this thing, you will ease the pain in my heart.

In any case, I have a weird issue. From what I know of the FastT200, I have everything set up correctly. I've got the fiber cables connected to the Expansion Bay 500 just like the basic setup docs say to. I know from previous experience that the things need to be set to 10baseT-HD on the switch side to get them to operate right. So, here's my qualm. I just moved the server and storage arrays to our production site. Plugged everything in. I got into the IOS by way of RSH, set up the network connection to work for the site it's at, get ping, get full RSH access to both A and B controllers, no problems. I get Storage Manager up and running, it recognizes the two controllers as Out-Of-Band, and then sets them up as unresponsive. I try to refresh it, and while looking at the switch, I see the NIC's resetting. I don't even have a serial cable to connect to the things to try to get some clarity on what's going on even further. Heck, I can't even find a pin-out for it.

Nevermind, I'm a dummy. I had something that *looked* like an EXB500 connected to the FastT200, and it freaked out and rebooted everytime I tried to connect to it using SMcli and SMclient.
But if you know some place where I can get good IOS docs, I'd be much appreciative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back