Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FASTT200 Configuration with W2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetcatFlyer

Technical User
Aug 22, 2002
GB
We have a FASTT200 Storage Server to which 3 servers should connect via an IBM fibre switch. IBM FASTT Storage Manager,RDAC and agent software is installed on one of these servers and I can connect to the FASTT for management using Fibre Channel.

The logical drives have been created but I cannot connect to them via W2K on any of the 3 servers....anyone any ideas where I am going wrong??

In your Storage manager have you map your LUNS to each server's HBA?

After you have created Logical Drive to LUN mappings in the Storage Manager software you will have to reboot the machine that is connected to the drive. When you next open the logical disk management window you should be given a write disk signature wizard. Windows 2000 is unable to use a drive unless it has written a signature to it. Also remember that Windows 2000 cannot share logical drives, any drive that you create on the SAN can only be assigned to one of your three servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back