Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FastRad on older DR5 8x24 system - ksu variant not supported 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rendersman

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2001
CA
Hi all.. I have installed a fastrad on our modular 8x24 system.. I have used F9** to set it up.. I have installed Norstart manager 3.5 from the Nortel website and have tried an operator assisted connection. I get the following message KSU vairant unsupported by Norstar Manager - Try Using Remote tools.. If I try remote tools, I get 'the file is corrupt" message..

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rob

I'm pretty sure the fastrad came out long after the 824 was disco'd. I'll double check, but you may need to get a hold of the older RAD.

FastRAD did come out after the 824 was discontinued, but I am able to connect to my 824 at home with no problems with the FastRAD. Are you connecting directly to the FastRAD unit through a serial port? Also, make sure your baud settings in F9** and the program settings match exactly. The unit will return false messages if settings are mismatched. Also, version 3.7 works better than 3.5. exsmogger has a copy somewhere he could probably upload for you.

John Panzer

Thanks John.. How does one get hold of exsmogger?

Rob

The minimum software version for 8x24 and RAD is DR5
SP version 30MUJ24
The SP is a subversion of DR5... older KSU software than this will not support any RAD.
You must use Norstar Manager when connecting to DR5

David Brillert:
NNCAS NNCSS NNCDS 3Com CNTS
Product Manager

Thanks David.. I checked my version, 30MUH05 DR5.. Too old I guess..

Rob

Yup too old

If you plant to upgrade then get a copy of 8x24 DR5.1 there are a lot of bug fixes in this release.

MU =MDR5 ENG/FR (DR 5.1=M05 or greater) G03, H04, H05, I00, J20, J24, L07, L11, M05, M10
MV =MDR5 ENG/SP (DR 5.1=M05 or greater) J24, L07, L11, M05, M10

David Brillert:
NNCAS NNCSS NNCDS 3Com CNTS
Product Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back