Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fastrad manual reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingtero

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2004
US
I have recently purchased a fast rad ,but did not find any info on the password, need to manually set the password.
Where and how on set programming is this done. tried to do a f9** in rad admin and set the password, but did not seem to work. The rad unit is pluged in and, I am connecting directly to laptop, using an open port 108. system versions is mics sp:30bkg06 nat. Any help would be appreciated.

brand new rads dont have any passwords, you set them during the install
feat9** is where u do it

when u are directly connected u need to enter norstar system ID as well in the RAD

do you have the software to interface with said RAD ...NRU software it is yes...for the interface it is needed

6 months until ski season starts...sadly i must resign myself to the warmer weather"this will include a normal 8-5 work day, 5 days a week"

I have nru ver10, but am having dificulty getting the rad unit to take the feat9**. I enter a new password and even accepts when i change it. But when i go to the laptop and try to connect to the rad unit is says wsrong password.

So you entered and confirmed your new password via F9**, you attempt to dial in w/ NRU 10 and after you connect you get dropped and notified your password is incorrect?

Everything is correct eccept for the fact that i can not connect to the rad, ivalid password

Thank you all it just went in, when back and changed the password with a 10 digit number and i am in. I also left it over lunch maybe it just needed time.

Make sure that your password is at least 10 digits long.
Go back in and reset all your information including sys Id.

Since you have enabled your RAD password already, the next time you access RAD programming you will need to enter the RAD password, the "change" password will and should only appear after your password is logged. As it stands now, can you do a F9** and access RAD programming with your new password? Do you automatically see a "change" option after F9**?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back