Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Faster calling of cell-phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

phadobas

Technical User
Jul 30, 2005
US
NEC 2000 IPS- Some of our staff have the problem of pressing a one-touch button to call a cell-phone. Then, after a few moments (seconds) they hear a ringback tone, but it takes about another 4-6 seconds before the actual cell phone starts ringing. We want to eliminate that additional 4-6 seconds:
Somebody here said that he heard that it could be done. If you call that cell-phone (and it gets very vague for me at this point), you route that to some extension that then you forward to some special number, and that way you can eliminate that extra wait.
I've been in Telecom and NEC for over 10 years and never heard of this, but I might be wrong. Does anybody here have any input as to whether this can be done and how?

Thanks. Peter

OMG.... Thats almost as good as you call this special number enter his 37 digit code and you can make free long distance calls for life.

your getting RBT from the carrier and 4-6 seconds later the phone is actually ringing. The only place you could reduce time is before the RBT. assuming you have a PRT or T1 your RBT is generated when a message is received from the carrier to give you RBT. they got that info from the cell phone carrier to pass to you. in the 4-6 second delay the cell company is

a. Verify that its a working cell number (internal database)
b. trying to find the phone in its coverage area
c. receiving a response from the phone to say that its active and on
d. routing the call to the cell station to ring the phone.

the RBT they send you is a confidence tone to make sure you think your call is placed, and not waiting for 4-6 seconds in silence. Sprint by the way gives you that "please wait while your party is being located" canned message before RBT is given.

Regards,

Dr VuDu

Dear Dr VuDu. 1This is the theory/information that I had...
Now, I just made 2 test calls from my NEAX 2400 ICS. I called a Nextel and a Sprint phone, and both had about 1/2 RBT delay: You got the RBT, and towards the end of the first RBT, I had the cell-phone starting to ring. Now I'm going to go to the site where this 2000IPS is, and make the same test calls.

See what happens...

No CCIS. Straight out on the ISDN-PRI

set 3536 to a 0 and set Max number of digits correctly.

Mextera

AMND and 3536 should speed up your side of the equation. it won't affect the carrier

are the carriers the same for both locations?
some top tier carriers will process calls faster

do you use access codes that have to entered for your 2000 site?

a little experiment kind of like your theory to see where the fault may lie... create a TEC 18 DID in the 2400 and ACFS it out to a cell. call the DID and see if your time improves.

I'm putting my dime on the carrier if you dont have max digit time out thats through the roof.

Regards,

Dr VuDu

DrVuDu

The problem is only from the IPS.

Do not ignore the basics and assume problem is in the provider.

Mextera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back