Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fast replace BC11SP10 -> BC11SP11

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacer73

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2003
RU
Hi!

I have installed BC11SP10 (5 LIMs in system) and have INL with BC11SP11. How to me make fast replacement SP10 on SP11?
Whether really to make it without a unloading given through PCREG, loading from HDU with INL, loading of the data from PCREG?

Andy

you don't have to make a new system, BC11SP10 can be updated to SP11 and takes about +/- 1 hour. making a 5 lim system from inl takes about 6 hours. use ESD from sam toolbox to do the update. if you don't have ESD, let me know there are other ways to do it...

greetings,

Ohhh. I don't have full SAM tools. ;-) I'm going to buy a complete package in a near future.

Whether and it is possible to send INL on ftp through NIU? ;-)

I so to do I am not going, but question interesting. Upload *.P to /SYSN/USR1/SES/DR/REL1/P and try will be loaded from HDU.

Andy

you can send INL units via ftp to HDU

dir is slightly different : *.P to /SYSN/USR1/SES/DR/INL/P/
*.D to /SYSN/USR1/SES/DR/INL/D/

then startup your system, load licence and transfer LIM disposition table andyou have a virgin system (no data)

greetings,

No. .../DR/INL/P and .../DR/INL/D is INL dir on HDU. If you not have REL1/REL2 system started from this dir.

I talked about programs UNIT dir after dump command (.../DR/REL1/P). What is a question. ;-)
Data files is in the .../DR/REL1/L* files. Or not?

Can I upload *.p from IMN to .../DR/REL1/P, but
be working system after this operation? ;-)

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back