Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fast Load Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sridharan

Technical User
Dec 3, 2001
IN
is it possible to use the file created from bteq export in fast load... i mean suppose i create a output file from bteq

say

.export data file=test.dat;
select * from test_table;
.export reset;

can i use the file created "test.dat" in fastload for populating into tables....

thanks a lot for ur time..

regards

sridharan

yes, you can use it as a input for fastload or multiload

hi tdsmart,

thanks for ur reply.... how do i specify that file as input in fastload or multiload... may be some syntax might help....

TIA

sridharan

tdsmart,

thanks a lot.... i'm able to use it as input for fastload or multiload

regards,

sridharan

tdsmart,

it worked for one table(with fewer columns) but i got into problem when i tried to use it for another table...

this is the error i get in fastload....

**** 10:11:45 Number of recs/msg: 241
**** 10:11:45 Starting to send to RDBMS with record 1
**** 10:11:45 Bad file or data definition.
**** 10:11:45 The length of: REMARKS in row: 1 was greater than defined.
Defined: 200, Received: 8293

the file was created from bteq like this

.export data file=c:\data.dat;
select * from mytable;

in the define part of fastload i've given the exact datatype for the variables as present in the dumped table but for timestamp(0) fastload
gives me a error so i changed it to varchar(20).... is that to do with this error.... one more problem i foresee is the original data might contain
some columns which have null value... will exporting it as indicdata will solve the purpose.....

thanks for ur answers

sridharan

hi tdsmart,

i'm able to use the input file created from bteq export to work with Multiload but for some strange reason FastLoad is bugging me down.... if the tables column doesn;t contain date or timestamp itz working in FastLoad but when it contains some Date columns and Timestamp columns itz giving me an error......

Thanks for any help!!!!!

regards

sridharan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back