Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fast Keeps Saying "Not In Service'

Status
Not open for further replies.

dowjonestt

Vendor
Jan 7, 2008
US
Testing FastRad ansewring inhouse and it keeps saying "Not In Service.?

Any suggestions for a good RAD programming and user guide. I can ot seem to locate the docs in my admin. manual. I do have the Remote access CD software

I would unplug the RAD, plug in a digital phone to verify the ext. number, then go into Maint. and see if the system sees the phone. If not, maybe you have a bad line cord or a bad port on the system. Bad ports don't happen often but they do happen. Then plug the RAD back in and see if the system sees the RAD. Maybe you have a bad RAd or bad power to the RAD. Then check programming.

Dont try an call the extention of the RAD because thats not how you test it, try using the Feature code for operator assist.

P.S> Not sure what Feature code you mean by "Oper Asst.

To test a RAD, you press Ftr9**, then enter or choose a password.

Adversity is Opportunity

Ya, the "Not in service" means nothing. You cannot transfer to a RAD that way, or call it. You must use FEATURE 9*0 to "route to RAD". The RAD uses both channels.

MarvO said it

I thought I could call in from outside and logon to the RAD. For example after hours when the Recp. is gone and the AA answers.

Nope. I know someone will have a crazy workaround (probably involving an ATA), but suffice to say, you need a DID or extra POTS to access RAD after hours.

Adversity is Opportunity

I can use the last number in their hunt group but the unit keeps answering after the 2nd ring all the time on all lines.

How do I assign just that line and adjust the ring count?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back