Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fast Fourier Transform FFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillKilgore

Programmer
Mar 17, 2002
US
Hello Everyone,

I want to write a function in Delphi 7 that would conduct an FFT on a large amount of sound data. The data is converted from a WAV file to a rationalized, 0 to 1.0 values, TXT file by GoldWave, a commercial sound analysis package. I've been all over the Web trying to come up with a workable formula but I've only been able to find pages that are long on integral calculus and short on basic detail. I've been using Excel 2003, I can't afford MATLAB, but that only accepts 4096 max data points. I've found some Summary equations but have, so far, been unable to decipher the Euler exponent construct as regards the "i" component, etc. Has anyone out there know done something in this area? I could really use some help here as I'm pretty much out of options.

Thank you, Bill K

this is a nice lib in C#. Porting to Delphi should not be too difficult.

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Thank you to Tayloredwarez and Whosrdaddy for your timely replies. The sites above lead me to another one that looks very promising, SDL in which the 'L' stands for a gentleman named Lohninger who offer some great math, chem, and geographical stuff in Delphi with source. Some SDL stuff is available, too, in the Tab Menu of Delphi 7 including one named TFastFourier. Lots of truth in the adage about not being able to see the forest because of all those pesky trees! Thanks again.

Bill Kilgore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back