Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fast busy when trying to dial some internal extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dklimkow

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2016
CA
So I'm trying to maintain a site where I inherited having to support an Option 11. We have the option to bring in a third party vendor for additional support, but I wanted to try to learn on my own first. I've been plunking around on my own with move/add/changes for basic stuff without issue, but I've run into an issue where some internal extensions can't be dialed that are at other remote sites.

For example:

Internal extension of 7200 is fine (anything in the 7xxx is fine)
Internal extension of 5535 works.
Internal extensino of 53xx, 54xx gets a fast busy after the 2nd digit is entered
Internal extension of 566x gets a fast busy after the 3rd digit is entered.

I tried digging around in NXX and NPA but am admittedly somewhat lost...Any help is appreciated!

Print out a DNB of one of the extension that doesn't work - this will help ID where the problem may be located...either it's a vacant number, or CDP entry is not define.

Sorry I should clarify - the non working extensions aren't programmed in my Option 11. The other remote site has their own Option 11, and our head office is on a Cisco solution.

We have 3 sites that can internally 4 digit dial each other

Head Office (1xxx)
Remote Site 1 (5xxx)
Remote Site 2 (7xxx)

Doesn't matter if they're a remote site or not - printing a DNB will tell you if a number is either not define, CDP, BARS/NARS...etc. More than likely, your numbers are CDP entries if not then they're define as LOC.

@yyrkroon
Understood. See below:

REQ: prt
TYPE: dnb
CUST 0
DN 5535
DATE
PAGE
DES

SCH0886

NO ACT SINCE NO DATE

NACT
CUST 0
DN 5666
DATE
PAGE
DES

SCH0881

NO ACT SINCE NO DATE

NACT

@bhassell2000

CUST 0
DN 53
DATE
PAGE
DES

SCH0881

NO ACT SINCE NO DATE

SCH0881 means vacant/not define
SCH0886 means a shorter DN exist, so instead of a DNB of 5535, try 553 and if you're still getting SCH0886 then try 55 same goes for the 7xxx DN

Ah, gotcha. Looks like 55 had the entry:

CUST 0
DN 553
DATE
PAGE
DES

SCH0886

NO ACT SINCE NO DATE

NACT
CUST 0
DN 55
DATE
PAGE
DES

DN 55
TYPE CDP
STCD DSC

55 is there and it's built as a DSC and you mentioned above it's working...

are the 53xx, 54xx and 566x at the same location? If they are, then print out the CDP entry 55 in LD 87 and see how it's programmed and replicate. If not, then you'll need to know, routes and rli.

Looks like I had some assigned DNs that started with 56xx at my site, so I errored out on creating a CDP for 56, but I was able to create one for 566, duplicating the settings from 55 and it worked. Thank you so much!

Incredible to have such a helpful community!

Also keep in mind those really aren't internal extensions. An internal extension is one that would reside on the same system, you are going to a different system, hence the CDP entries.

Thanks @KCFLHRC, that makes sense.

As I've been remediating, I found another problematic extension, but this time it's not resulting in a fast busy - it's actually connecting somewhere.

1440 - works as intended
1441 - pauses for a second, then I hear a language I don't recognize, then in English with a Indian accent "The number you have called is temporarily out of service. Kindly dial after some time"
1442 - works as intended

I've confirmed there is no DN set for 1441, or 144. 14 has a DSC entry:

CUST 0
DN 14
DATE
PAGE
DES

DN 14
TYPE CDP
STCD DSC

From LD 87:

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT cdp
TYPE dsc
DSC 14
DSC 14
FLEN 0
DSP LSC
RLI 10
NPA
NXX

If anyone can point me in a direction to look, I'd appreciate it. Not opposed to calling in a vendor, I just am open to learning/trying first.

LD 86
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT rlb
RLI 10

that will give you the rout

then LD 21

TYPE: rdb
CUST 0
ROUT xx ------ what ever ld 86 told you

then you can find the trunk members while still in ld 21
REQ: ltm
CUST 0
ROUT xx ------ what ever ld 86 told you

You'll have to look at the remote switch now and see what 1441 is. Access the remote PBX and print the DNB of 144 or 1441 there and see what's define as. Chances are it's not define or has been forwarded to a number that doesn't work.

@yykroon

Thanks, you're right it's something on the other end as I just confirmed our other site has the same problem calling this extension at our head office. They're not using an Option 11 ther, so I'm going to just pass it off to them to figure out. Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back