Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fargo is Flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

winthropdc

Programmer
Oct 22, 2003
AU
Hi

This is just a quick post the let everyone know that the Fargo area of North Dakota is facing massive flooding.

This means that the response times by Microsoft staff based in Fargo to Support Cases and Newsgroups will be affected. Please be patient.

Have a look at the following blog post for more information.

Please add comments to the blog post to show your support for a friends in Fargo.

There is no need to respond here.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Let's all pray for their safety.

Thanks to vick400 & winthropdc for the information.

It is very much appreciated.

Yes, vick400, I know it could break GP, be lost when upgraded with SPs, etc. No, it doesn't look like GP will do Budget/Forecasting out of the box.

Yes, I see an 'eXtender' as a registered module here but 'no' on the 'Modifier', winthropdc.

Have used Field Service module previously and had a field modified & that company didn't like to alter fields because of the exact reasons vick400 mentioned. I believe they did had eXteder with Field Service module.

Not using Field Service module here, using SOP (Sales Order Processing).

If IT here eventually can figure out how to implement Budget/Forecasting needs into GP, then an altered field on the Customer Master wouldn't be needed. The main IT guy here isn't quite that familiar with GP as others I've worked with previously, so I don't anticipate that Budget/Forecasting needs will be fulfilled until a much later date.

vick400, as far as Budget/Forecasting needs, what is needed here is that I be able to load the FY Budget $$$s in by Customer/Salesman and also have the capability for Forecasting sales $$$s on a monthly/FY basis (as well as Rolling Forecast $$$s) but again, that will probably have to come later. I do not see 'Budget Wizard for Excel' as a registered module here and I think that may be at least one thing that would be needed in order to do that.

In any case, I do appreciate everyone's input, information & suggestions.

It is refreshing to be in the company of such knowledgable, brilliant people.

Everyone have a great day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back