Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

far-end caller ID showing wrong number

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglio

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
I have two DID ranges. 7000-7099 & 9000-9099. 7000 is our listed main number but when we call out 9000 is actually showing on people's caller ID. I cannot remember what it's called that I have to change but I need to change this immediately. If you could just remind me what feature I need to look at I should be able to take it from there. Thank you.

ld 15 chg clid you can show you own did number or a nother number look at you number on your phone example scr 7010 0 the 0 is your clid you can chg this

thank you fatboy98. I should (hopefully) be able to figure it out from here.

well, I didn't figure it out. I didn't want to change my CDB without actually looking at it first. I have a printout that shows, under LDN-DATA, the LDN0 as 7000 and the LDN1 as 3900. Each DN on each TNB is followed by a zero (4803 0). So assuming this 0 references LDN0, which is set to 7000, how are people seeing our number as 9000 instead of 7000? I truly appreciate your assistance as my boss has already given 9000 out to a bigwig at our company. thank you!

Are these two DID ranges on different trunk groups, or one? Are the calls in question going out a PRI trunk route? Is it possible that the route is defaulting to 9000 as a billing number and ignoring what is programmed in the switch?

I can't answer the first question because I just don't know. We do not have PRI circuits. But I think I found what the problem may be. On their outbound route the CLEN is set to 1. So what I need to figure out is, what does this "1" reference? Where do I look for what this 1 points to/looks at, etc.? thank you very much for your help.

Unless I'm missing something, if you don't have PRI circuits, then nothing you do in the PBX will change what number displays to the outside world. What you're seeing is probably the billing number for the trunk that is being used.

no, Jgideon, you aren't missing anything. What you are telling me is what a tech friend of mine already told me four hours ago. These DIDs are on an AT&T circuit and when I contacted AT&T this morning they said that because these are NOT PRI circuits they do nothing. So I went crazy trying to figure out what I needed to change on my routs, CDB, etc. Now again, I am finding out that it's not PBX programming. My last (hopefully) question is, if AT&T is the T1 provider, do I contact them or do I have to contact the LEC? Jgideon, thank you so much for all your help today.

Contact AT&T - they just lease the connection to your office through the LEC. Usually they send out a billing number unless you tell them what number to send

thanks. I did but am not expecting much, as I called them originally and they said they had no control over this. Which is why I ended up spending so much time trying to figure out what in my CDB, RDBs, CLIDs, etc etc was causing 9000 instead of 7000 to show up. At least it was a good learning experience. thanks again to all for your help.

Reusser is correct--whoever you pay for the service is the one you contact to make the change. I've not heard of anyone successfully changing the CLI/CPN on an ATT trunk group, but good luck. If both the 7xxx and 9xxx range are with them, and they consider the 7xxx number valid, they _might_ do it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back