Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fancy Norstar Software needed for call center - HELP! 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalMind

Programmer
Aug 31, 2004
CA
Hi all,
although i've always been reading, it's been a while since I've needed to pick your genius brains.

One of my biggest customers has bought an existing company that has a NEC phone system. On their existing NEC, they have software so that when a call comes in on that extension, the customer information from the caller-ID pops up along with it on the computer of the person who answered it.

I need to replace this function on a 0X32 Norstar with 7.1 software and a NAM. Could someone PLEASE point me in the right direction for software to pull this off ??

HOW oh HOW do I get someone's pc to read the caller-ID of the answered call and open a specific account ?!?!

I'm worried I will be told this is impossible, although not surprised.

As always, thanks for any and all idea's, suggestions, and pointers...

Thanks Steve !
Any software in particular to go with the CTA ?

I've got a couple of problems that I was hoping you guys could give me a hand with. As part of a downsizing, I have just moved a client's network and MICS v4.1 to a smaller office location and have bumped into a couple of problems which may be simple for those of you that do Norstar daily:

1) I have AA set up and all extensions have CFNA working properly to their VM boxes except for one holdout which rings back to the AA instead of the VM. This extension does go to VM if forwarded.

2) Customer has 10 CO's, each of which has a single appearance on a single phone. How can I get these to forward to the appropriate VM box if the CO is busy.

Thanks for any help you can offer...
Dave

oops, sorry, please disregard previous post :(

Thanks everyone, keep'em coming if you have other software options !!!

Thanks guys, as always you have really come through for me. I have made my quote, and now I play the waiting game until I get the OK.

I've been installing Norstar's for over 10 years, and whenever I get stumped or forget something, someone here is always there to help. I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back