Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

False error message suggesting cartridges are missing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

westptbrit

Technical User
Mar 9, 2005
US
Hi everybody,

I have a networked HP Business Inkjet 2600 set up in the office and it has been showing this message in the display panel:

Attention
Black ink cartridge missing
Yellow ink cartridge missing
Magenta ink cartridge missing
Cyan ink cartridge missing

We are sure that all the cartridges are in good shape, and have checked to make sure they sit correctly etc.

Anybody else had similar problem which was eventually resolved?

Would be grateful for responses.

Thanks,

Wsetptbrit

I'd first check w/HP to see if this problem is well known and documented. Then I'd look to see if that unit has a 'cold reset' option available. Did any strange event occurr around the same time this problem started? Very rarely do these kind of problems 'just happen all of a sudden'. Try to associate a previous event to this problem.
Hope this helps a little bit.

Shtick

I have the same printers with the same problem.

The only solution (other than new Cartridge) I have found is to take the lil gold contacts off an old cartridge and stick them over the contacts on the new (bad) cartridge.

Wish HP would address this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back