Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fallback for Exchange server

Status
Not open for further replies.

giaccotto

Technical User
Jan 17, 2001
NL
Hi all,

I have an Exchange 2003 server running on a Windows 2003 server, and I want to have a fallback solution in case of my server is offline. Does anyone know how to realize this?
I have a friend who also has an Exchange server. Is it possible to set a second MX-record to his mail server? And what do I have to configure on his server? My provider doesn't have a fallback smtp server.

Cheers,

Ruben

Is there realy nobody who can answer my question?

Search this forum as this has been covered in great detail. Also covered extensively in Exchange 2000 forum.

Ofcource I've searched both forums before posting. I could find any topic about this. Can you point me in the right direction? Hyperlink?

Typically, your ISP would queue your mail, and you would use ETRN.

My ISP doens't provide that function cause i'm not a business user. I have a normal consumer ADSL connection. The Exchange server I'm talking about is a server for private use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back