Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FALC Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakap

Technical User
Oct 13, 2003
IN
Hi all

I am facing a typical problem in FALC card of 11C mini.Some type of noise is coming in FALC lines.I don't know why.I have checked all things in my mind.Atleast I have checked by configuring a chassis having only SSC and FALC card the noise is still there.

Can any one help me if he had face this type of problem
it is urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Thanks

a weak or out of spec power supply can cause that problem. your original thought may also be true, might be that backplane, but not usually without visual damage.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I had this problem, and it was caused by a faulty powersupply generating noise on falc cards. Try to change the mini cabinet since it has i integrated power supply.

i2007

I had checked the power supply output and earthig also,all meet the spec.I also checked by using new chassis and power supply but the problem still persist.

you've changed the box the ssc the flac and the power supply. nothing left but software and that's a little hard to add to a set (static) with a cls mark. if i had doen the same test i would start over, thinking i had missed a step. an old tech told me once his truck radio had low vol so hs bought a new trunk, still had low vol. seems he need a new battery for his hearing aid, point is you have missed something simple is the test... just my thoughts, only you've tested or replaced all the hardware

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You may want to follow the Ground as well as check the AC outlet for being wired and grounded properly. Make sure it is a dedicated outlet back to the panel and that the IG ground is actualy grounded from the box to the transformer/earth ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back