Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fairwell All... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindPete

Programmer
Jul 5, 2000
US
I have been transferred to different segment of the company and will be working nearly exclusively in VB and C++. I have recieved far more than I ever gave here. I am truly greatfull to all the those whom have openly shared their insight and experince of VFP with me.

Post On!
-Pete

Pete

This forum will be the poorer without your enthousiasm, ubitiquitous presence, unique style, and undoubted VFP knowledege. :-(

I am sure we all wish you well in your defection to VB, whoever she may be. :-Q

Let's hope this is au revoir and not goodbye - I am sending you a virtual bottle of champagne for your VFP contribution so far!

Chris :)

Good luck!

Vlad Grynchyshyn
vgryn@softserve.lviv.ua
The professional level of programmer could be determined by level of stupidity of his/her bugs

Pete,

Congratulations on your promotion/transfer.

Just because your no longer actively working in VFP doesnt mean you have to quit frequenting the VFP forums. With the uncertainty of the whole .NET strategy, it could be a wise long-run decision to maintain your VFP skills. Just in the event .NET bombs or turns out catastrophic. :) Jon Hawkins

The World Is Headed For Mutiny,
When All We Want Is Unity. - Creed

Just because your no longer actively working in VFP doesnt mean you have to quit frequenting the VFP forums.

What Jon said. I rarely use VFP for anything any more except reporting and data massaging (e.g., no UI development) since I'm now spending 102% of my day in SQL Server, but like you I think I can still contribute on occasion. Robert Bradley
Got extra money lying around? Visit:

Bye Pete,
Was fun working with you, Good luck with your new position and drop back in and say hi now and again. David W. Grewe
Dave@internationalbid.com
ICQ VFP ActiveList #46145644

Gosh... such an out pouring of sentiment from all warms my heart. :)

I'm sure I'll stop in from time to time. I've been in the VB forum several times this week. (GOSH that language stinks) And the advice on .NET is not lost on me either. We shall all see what tragedies tomarrow brings.

IMO Tragedies = Opportunities
As we always have to rescue our bosses after there less then thoughtful decisions to migrate to new technologies before they are ready for primetime. ;-)

See Ya!
-Pete

Pete,

I am wishing you all the best and great things to come. Thank you for the the great help you've done. More Power to YOU! You are very welcome to drop by.

Wendz
edbb@lycos.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back