Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failure to connect to client agent 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arpansa

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2000
AU
I am having trouble backing up a machine using an agent. I get two errors. The first - failed to connect to client agent. The program then manages to connect on a second try. The second error message - Failed to receive data from the client agent. The backup is unsuccessfull.<br><br>What are the likely causes of this failure to connect to the agent?

EvilOptic may well be right. What are the exact errros?. (look in the log file).

We seem to be having occasional problems with both Arcserve 7 (on standalone servers) and with the Push Agent on production servers. I am convinced that some of the problems related to 100mb/Full Duplex but am having problems convincing the rest of the team. A lot of cash has been spent upgrading from 10mb/HD!!.

There are some issues with various sorts of LAN adapters running Full Duplex (E100B - ours! , CE100B - ours again!). This is an old issue though. Try to fix the port speed on switches and at the card driver (INETCFG->BOARDS (board settings). Look out for, and be wary of, any values set to &quot;0&quot; (Auto-negotiate) this doesn't always work very well. Best to set to known values at both ends.

Personally I find 10mb/HD with push agent to be fine but we need to wring every last ounce of speed as we do full backups (about 20-30Gb) each night.

Regards

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back