Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failure to Complete Print Job on NDPS Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

derajer

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2005
US
I have a Windows 2000 Workstation with NWClient attempting to print to an NDPS HP LJ 4000 on a Netware 6.5 server. The oddest thing is happening, when I print from the machine it prints the first 4 pages, pauses, then prints only part of the fourth page regardless of the application or document I am printing. If I printer directly to the printer using TCP/IP then the problem goes away. Anyone have any ideas?

also what gateway is it using

this was a symptom of using the hp gateway post ndps sp
(basically the hp gateway is older and the files dont get updated)

swap to the ndps gateway

and if it is the ndps gateway you are using then look at the driver - i like to stick to pcl5's especially if you have any citrix around

Seen this type of issue using PCL6 (PCL6 is just a buggy piece of rat poo poo, which may be why Terry likes to stick to PCL5).

DO you have the same issue when using the iPrint client?

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Certified nut case [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple

We are using the HP gateway, but this has been used for years (prior to my time with the company)

The computer in question is using the PCL6 driver that came with Windows 2000.

We do not have iPrint implemented in this company.

I used the HP gateway for many years, but now I strictly use the Novell gateway. HP gateway is no longer supported or developed, so don't let your history with the HP gateway hold you up. Novell has a tool that will convert the printer to the new Novell gateway. Lookup TID 2965194 and download the utility. It's easy and I've never had a problem with it during the conversion.

Also try uploading the PCL5 driver into the broker and assigning that to the Printer agent for delivery.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back